Student Enrollment

baby in sunglasses

We look forward to working with your child! Below you will find information to help you determine where and how to get your child enrolled.

Enrolling Process
Online Enrollment  
School Transfers

Student Placement
Annual Notification
Student Expectations

Frequently Asked Questions About Enrollment

Below are the most commonly asked questions from parents regarding enrollment. Feel free to contact us if you need assistance.

1. How do I enroll my child in the neighborhood school?

Families new to CVESD must show their child's birth certificate, immunization record, and parent/guardian proof of residence to their neighborhood school in order to enroll. The enrollment process takes place continuously throughout the school year. For more information, call your neighborhood school. If you do not know your child's neighborhood school, please click below:

Street Directory for 2018-2019 school year

2. How do kindergarten students enroll for the 2018-19 school year?

Neighborhood schools will enroll kindergarten students who have attained the age of five years by September 1, 2018. Completed enrollment packets will be accepted beginning February 21. Parents/Guardians may pick up an enrollment packet from their neighborhood school beginning February 7, 2018 or click here to use our Online Enrollment

3. How do I enroll my grandchild who lives with me, not with the parents?

Contact the Student Placement Office at (619) 425-9600, ext 1570.

4. How do I apply for my child to attend a school outside my neighborhood?

School district residents may apply to attend a school other than their neighborhood school. New applications for Zone Transfers may be filed beginning February 21 - April 30, 2018. Students may be accepted based on prioritized criteria and available space. Incoming (new and renewal) interdistrict permits will be accepted for processing beginning April 30, 2018. 

Due to continued growth in Chula Vista, NO new transfers will be approved for eastern schools effective immediately.

5. Who provides transportation for my child to attend a school outside my neighborhood?

Unless a child meets Program Improvement criteria, parents must provide transportation in order for students to attend a school other than their neighborhood school.

6. How do I enroll the brother or sister of a child already transferring to a school other than the neighborhood school?

Siblings are not automatically enrolled in a school of choice. Siblings must be enrolled at their neighborhood school prior to requesting a transfer. Applications for transfer must include information for each applicant.

7. Is licensed childcare available?

Before and/or after school childcare is often available to parents of students enrolled in school. Care is offered through the South Bay Family YMCA. Click here for more information.


(619) 425-9600, ext 1570 

Lisa Butler - Student Placement Manager
Kathy Hastings - Student Placement Lead 
Yolanda Sierra - District Welfare and Attendance Technician / Home Visitor
Luis Estrada - Student Placement Technician
Kerry Smith - Student Placement Technician

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.